Adjoining Property Owners:
Please note changes to the lease schedule for 2017-2018:
- Leases and associated permits will be valid from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018
- Lease packages mailed Monday, June 26, 2017
- Lease and associated permit fees will be accepted July 1 through July 31, 2017 via mail or by visiting the lake office
Important Lake Announcements:
The repair of the dam has now been expanded to filling in the 48"" pipe which was installed at the bottom of the dam to allow a release of Buffalo Creek down-stream while the dam was being built. The pipe is being modified so that it will not possibly leak in the future. This involves scuba divers, replacing metal plates that plugged the pipe, removing permanent vales, installing temporary large valves to release water pressure as needed, and completely filling the pipe so it is effectively and forever a non-leaking part of the dam. The cost will exceed $500,000 and the effort is expected to continue for several more months.
Residents adjoining the John H. Moss Reservoir may have noticed City staff working along the shoreline for several months. The City is in the process of identifying and cataloging every change made to the shoreline area including those at the shoreline and those on and through the control strip. All the features are being located with global positioning system technology in order to create an accurate map. It takes a few minutes at each adjoining property and may require multiple visits in some cases. Such information will allow us to better manage the use of the control strip thus protecting the water in the reservoir and the beauty of the lake property.
- Payments cannot be made over the phone
- We accept cash, personal check, and major credit cards
Date of lake level reading: 8/13/2017
Lake Level: 9.75" below normal
Date of water temp reading: 8/15/2017
Water Temp: 86.9°F
* Normal lake level is at 12' 8.5" and temperature readings are taken at a depth of 5'.