One-to-one instruction is all about helping you achieve your personal learning goals. With these one-on-one appointments with our staff you can learn how to checkout and download e-books, audiobooks, and magazines from your personal device. You can request computer help and learn to better search our internet resources. We have even helped patrons with learning Microsoft programs and using social media. Learning is for every age! Ask what we can do for YOU!
One-to-One Instruction is by appointment only. Appointments are for one-hour sessions and include instruction for one device on one application/program at a time. For example: Learning to use Microsoft Word on a PC is one session, learning to use Microsoft PowerPoint on a PC would be another session. Devices supported include Kindle, Nook, iPad, PCs, Android, and most Apple products.
Instruction topics include but are not limited to:
- NC Cardinal library catalog searching (books and more for checkout)
- NC LIVE researching (journals, scholarly articles and more)
- Genealogy Resources searching (private library collection, Ancestry.com and more)
- E-Inc Library (ebooks and more)
- Libby (ebooks and more)
- RBDigital (online audiobooks)
- Hoonuit (online basic computer training)
- Social Media for businesses (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Social Media for personal use (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Internet browsing (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox)
Don't see what you need here? Ask us if it's offered!